The following are the changes being made to the Medicaid Waiver Program:
· The Support Services Waiver will be replaced with a new Family Supports Waiver and the Developmental Disabilities and Autism Waivers will be replaced and combined into the Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver.
· The Family Supports Waiver will be used as the basic entry point to receive waiver services.
· The Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver will be used as a "Needs Based" waiver only for people who meet specific criteria.
· Individuals who are on a waiting list for the DD, Autism, or Support Services Waivers will be targeted for the new Family Supports Waiver based on their earliest date of application.
· Individuals who currently receive services through the DD or Autism Waiver will be transitioned onto the Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver.
FSSA is sensitive to the fact that there are people who have been waiting for years for supports who are near the top of the DD Waiver waiting list. They plan to work with these individuals on a case-by-case basis to determine if they would receive the Family Supports Waiver or the Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver as they come off of the current DD Waiver waiting list.
The new Family Supports Waiver will:
· Increase the waiver budget cap from $13,500 to $16,250 and increase flexibility in how an individual's Medicaid Waiver budget can be used.
· Add Participant Assistance and Care as a new waiver service to provide a new level of support to an individual either in the family home or in an individual's own home.
· Services available under the Family Supports Waiver include: Adult Day Services, Case Management, Prevocational Services, Respite, Supported Employment Follow Along, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychological Therapy, Speech/Language Therapy, Behavioral Support Services, Community Based Habilitation – Group & Individual, Facility Based Habilitation – Group & Individual, Facility Based Support Services, Family and Caregiver Training, Intensive Behavioral Intervention, Music Therapy, Participant Assistance and Care, Personal Emergency Response System, Recreational Therapy, Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies, Transportation, & Workplace Assistance
Changes to Case Management: The following four entities will be available to provide case management as a waiver services: Advocacy Links, LLC- 574-229-5065, The Columbus Organization- 610-592-0292, IPMG- 317-585-5944, Unity of Indiana- 317-458-0113